Saturday, April 9, 2011

My take on the Cupcake Stand

We ended up with all my kids getting sick over the course of the last couple weeks, so I was stuck at home going nowhere for 10 days.  To prevent myself from going in sane, I had to come up with lots of little projects to work on.  This is one that's been on the list for a while, and it seemed to perfect time to get it done.




This isn't really an original concept, just my take on one I've seen around.  I've seen lots of dessert/cupcake stands with two plates, but for my purposes, I really wanted one with a bowl on top.  We LOVE dips and salsas and cheese balls, and all manner of yummy things that a bowl just works better for.

So I started with a plate and bowl I found from Target for a couple bucks each.   Add in a painted dollar store candlestick.



Glue them all together.  I was originally going to use E6000, but mine was all dried up, so I grabbed the Gorilla glue, just being extra careful to keep the glue on the inside of the candlestick so it didn't foam up all over the plate and bowl.



Then fill with yummy goodness and serve!

Enjoy!


9 comments:

  1. Adorable! We eat a lot of dips too, so this would be perfect. Did you use a glass candle holder? If so, did you have to prime it first to keep the paint from chipping off?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! My kids would LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea! Looks great, love the colors,thank you for sharing :) Visiting froom The Sunday Showcase Party

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am obsessed with making pedestal "things" and I really love this idea of putting the bowl on top!! That pesky gorilla glue is tough to get use to working with, my first time I used it it foamed up everywhere on me, I had no idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too am obsessed with pedestals!! I also just bought a bowl and plate at Target to make one of these. Your pic made me hungry for apples and carmel dip. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just made a dessert plate with Easter theme dishes from Target. I love that they have cheap, adorable plates for these projects. They are great gifts! I like yours with the bowl, great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet! I love it! And I want the recipe for the apple dip!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was admiring your serving dish at your house and wondered where you got it. Thanks for sharing! Now I can have one too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great take on the cupcake idea. I never thought of making a chip and dip container. LOVE IT! I am totally going to have to make one of these now since that's one of our favorite snacks at parties. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete