Wednesday, May 11, 2011

How to pick a Watermelon

As summertime is upon us (we'll some of us, it might be snowing in Utah again this week), it seems the question on every ones mind is "How do I pick the perfect watermelon?".

Well, I might not have all the answers, but Jenni was told a tip a couple years ago that seems to work better than any others I've heard.  You want to find the watermelon with the smallest circle on the side opposite the stem.

This part.

When I cut into the watermelon, it was the perfect red inside and sweet and delicious.

One of my children ate 1/4 the watermelon all by himself.  I do not recommend allowing 4 year olds to do this for dinner however, it was way too close to bedtime (resulting in 4 bathroom trips later before 10pm).  But really, I can't blame him for eating so much.

If you try out this method, I'd love to hear if you have the same success with it I have.


No comments:

Post a Comment