Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

I did it, I got my second pillow done.  It was at 8pm last night, but it was in time.  Now they can both sit on my couch for the month of July while I come up with something to replace them with.

1

I found a tutorial on pinwheels that looked easy and wanted to try, so I designed this pillow around those.  It evolved a little as things went (mostly cause I realized my measurements were off and things weren't lining up) but I like the way it turned out.  I opted for red binding to contrast the blue on the other pillow.

I reused pebbles to coordinate with the star, then accented the pinwheels.  This was kind of dual purpose, as it's a similar design to one I plan to use on my daughters quilt (I'll share the completed top to that soon).  I really like pillows as they go together quick and easy and give you a chance to try out new techniques and quilting designs without lots of commitment.  I see many many more pillow adventures in my future.

2

Both of them sitting on my couch all ready for fireworks and fun.

3

We hope you are having a great weekend.  Happy 4th of July!

Linked to
{Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations

7 comments:

  1. DARLING pinwheels! Love both your pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pillows! I love your pebble quilting! :) Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! What great quilting! Thanks for linking up with Lemon Tree Creations today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous pillows! I made a pinwheel pillow for July also. Great minds think alike. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wicked awesome (as usual) just like you!

    ReplyDelete